Spring is almost here and over 70% of the songs on my new personal chart are on the rise or holding, which means that competition to get to the top is pretty fierce! It also makes it difficult when I want to write about them all, but I’ll have to resist 😉
The Top 10
- “Sleeve” by Brandyn Burnette is not letting go of #1 yet, as the L.A. based singer/songwriter is about to preview another new song called “Lottery”. Watch for it on Brandyn’s Soundcloud page!
- Season 7 contestant on “The Voice”, pop/R&B singer Chris Jamison, moves up a notch to #2 with his slick song “Velvet”.
- Having Kylie Minogue and Giorgio Moroder on a tour together would be an absolute dream, not to mention a huge dancefest! I’d love to hear Giorgio remix some of Kylie’s older songs *hint hint* but in the meantime “Right Here Right Now” advances 6-4. Pop radio should not be ignoring this one!
- To get you through until Anton Ewald’s upcoming single “Higher” is released on April 7 is sexy R&B-influenced album track “Save The Last Dance” moving up 7-6.
- Don’t understimate the power of “King” by Years & Years, as it became the new #1 song in the UK today! It’s the only new entry in my Top 10, and I predict some great things are in store for it on my chart too. Interscope releases it in the U.S., Polydor elsewhere. It climbs 12-10.
Movin’ On Up
All of the songs between #9 and 17 are on the rise!
- If there’s room for Years & Years in the charts of the world, then fellow British performer Shift K3Y could also find himself there at some point! “I Know”, which climbs 15-11, did become a Top 30 hit in the UK last Fall but deserves international attention!
- Suddenly, there seem to be Smashing Satellites fans all over North America, as the quartet heads to the U.S. to play some shows. Check out the Canadian band’s impressive video for “Waterfall”, which soars 18-13.
- The fastest riser on the chart belongs to the singer who is also at #3 with “Pieces” – Jessie Ware. She will be headed back to North America very soon, supporting her new single “Champagne Kisses”, which vaults 23-14.
- “Hurricane” by Lifehouse is a kick-ass rock song that has the now-trio back in fine form. The song moves up 22-17 – look for it to break open on the chart in two weeks.
- Adam Tyler is a busy guy – wrapping a self-directed video for “Knew You Better” (from the Shattered Ice deluxe edition release), and featuring on both The Wookie’s “The Dreamers” and the song that lifts off 27-22, “Alive” by his label mate Mi Disguise.
- One song that will creep up and grab your attention with its simple story and sunny melody is “Memories” by Samantha Gibb (daughter of late Bee Gee Maurice), which rises 28-24.
Three High Flying Debuts
- It’s the best song on their album The Velvet Flame, and I’ve been waiting to put it on my chart, but “Reason” (which drops off) prevailed first. “Sacred” is Erasure at their classic best, and should fare even better in dance clubs than “Reason” as the third single release from the album. It bows at #18 – likely because I’ve had it on repeat since I downloaded the album!
- At #19, and continuing to win me over with every listen, is “Chasing Stars”, the moving and contagious pop/hip hop song from Canada by Corey Niles featuring Ottawa native Alex Lacasse which I wrote about recently. This is one radio-ready song worth fawning over!
- Arriving at #20 is the dance floor rave-up (begging for remixes) which I also wrote about recently, “When It Rains, It Pours”, by BILLCS chart veterans, the duo DATABOY. Featuring producer/remixer Niko The Kid, “When It Rains” has a different sound for the guys, and it suits them to a ‘D’ 🙂
The Full Chart
Listen to the songs or watch the videos using the links on the pictures on the pretty and detailed web edition of my chart. Go on, have a look and listen/watch 🙂
Listen for My New Music Pick Of The Week on D-Moos.com!
Every week I feature a New Music Pick of the Week on D-Moos, which is usually either on my chart or may soon be! Listen in amid the great variety of older music as I bring cutting edge new music to the rotation of over 20,000+ songs!!