Online discoveries and remixes dominate the top 100 of this decade list. It is like no other list I’ve created before, but it parallels my list of the 1970’s in some ways since I was discovering the UK charts and dance remixes in the latter part of that decade. But there would have been no way for me to discover, without our current technology and without meeting online friends:
* Dance music available otherwise to club DJ’s such as songs by Casey Stratton, iio, Motorcycle, Axwell, Crystal Waters, Cassius, Armin Van Buuren, Roger Sanchez, and Matt Darey, including remixes of songs by Coldplay and The Fray
* Canadian talent from across the country such as Mitchell Hunter and Jake
* Talent from across the world like Agnes Carlsson, Freemasons, Adele, Duffy, and Newton Faulkner
* Lesser known artists awaiting their breakout, like Tyler Hilton, Evan Taubenfeld, and Dan Black
* Updates on favourites such as David Usher, Darren Hayes, and Chris Isaak
* Monitoring success of new decade favourites like Jason Mraz and Lifehouse
The ‘hits’ are still here too, though much less so than ever. Discovered the traditional way were songs by 3 Doors Down, Leona Lewis, George Michael (“Amazing”), The Fray (“Over My Head”), and Jordin Sparks/Chris Brown.
So the Top 100 begins with the updated list right here – don’t forget to leave your comments and observations!!