All eyes on the top of the chart in this edition as there’s a new #1 and loads of activity. As a result, newer songs make smaller moves, and even the fastest riser on the chart only moves up 5 places. I like a good competition! 🙂
The Top 10
- It was only a matter of time, but either in its original version or its love struck-sounding remix by EDWYNN x TIKAL and Spirix, Brandon Skeie’s “So Bad” (above) displaces Connor Phillips’ “Lost” (Young Bombs remix) at #1. With Eli Lieb, Brandon also co-wrote and sang “Pulse” (below) during the past two weeks, a warm and inspiring song written in the aftermath of the Orlando tragedy.
- It’s summer in the western world and no song on the chart suits the summer months better than “Dreamin'” by Embody featuring Camden Cox, which climbs 7-3.
- Another romance-oriented remix by Speaker Of The House surfaced to show what a great, diverse song Elephante has in “Closer” (featuring Bishøp). “Closer” really does deserve to be a pop hit. It moves up 6-4.
- Jenaux’s powerfully funky and fresh “Get It On” arrives in the Top 10 at #8. Got any platform shoes handy? 😉
- It says something when you get to play a free show in Times Square, and NYC natives The Chainsmokers are doing just that tomorrow (Monday June 27). If they perform “Don’t Let Me Down” perhaps Daya will be present too. The song rises 12-9
- The Knocks and Semi-Precious Weapons singer (and now noted songwriter) Justin Tranter are a great pairing, and “Tied To You” becomes The Knocks’ third song from their album 55 to grace the Top 10, climbing 13-10.
Movin’ On Up
- Tom Odell’s winning new composition “Magnetised” gets stuck outside of the Top 10 due to fierce competition. Thanks to a bass-synth driven Kat Krazy remix it continues to get attention in the club scene. “Magnetised” jumps 15-11.
- It’s a fantastic, vivid story that will hold your interest throughout – Toronto-bases singer Joël’s “You Fucked Up” rises 14-12.
- Ariana Grande’s “Into You” is one of her best songs, yet it seems to be still stuck behind many better ones! We’ll see if she surpasses the #8 peak of “The Way” in the coming weeks. “Into You” moves up 20-16.
- The fastest riser on the chart is the gloriously feel good #1 dance anthem “So Happy” by Tony Moran featuring Jason Walker, which jumps 23-18.
- Hand in hand with Embody’s “Dreamin'”, Rain Man has done exactly what his song says. “Bring Back The Summer” (featuring Oly) is meant for sunshiny days and moves 24-20.
- Nik Ernst’s “Stronger” is British deep house at its best, and given a slick edit by Dutchman Steve Void. It climbs 25-21.
- Built By Titan’s collaboration with Jesse McCartney on “Dangerous” is definitely turning heads as it bubbles under in the pop and dance genres. “Dangerous” moves up 26-22.
- “Take Me Apart” is a thoughtful original by producers/remixers LZRD and Spirix featuring the flattering voice of Remmi. Spirix of course is part of the teenage remix duo who bring us “So Bad” by Brandon Skeie at #1 too. “Take Me Apart” is one of the most impressive new songs I’ve heard all year, so expect great things to happen for it in the coming weeks. It arrives at #23 and is a free download – for now!
- “Open Your Mind” by Chicago producer/remixer Megaphonix follows up his remixes of songs by Zedd, Jack Ü, and others which have got worldwide attention. “Open Your Mind” is a joyous original slice of house which is perfect for Pride events. It’s a free download and bows at #25.
- “Worship” by Brandyn Burnette arrives at #28 from the freshly minted State I’m In EP which was released this past Friday. “Worship” stands out as one of Brandyn’s best compositions, but there are many more to meet the ears in State I’m In which I haven’t yet written about, such as “Inner Child”, “Closer” (with John Lock), in which I keep hearing vocal phrasing from both MGMT’s “Electric Feel” and DNCE’s “Cake By The Ocean”, and “Set In Stone”. State I’m In is another fantastic effort for Brandyn, admirably following up Made Of Dreams. It’s available to buy on all platforms.
Listen to the songs or watch the videos using the links on the pictures on the pretty and detailed web edition of my chart. Go on, have a look and listen/watch
Listen to the BILLCS Top 30 Songs on Spotify! Click on this link to take you there, and follow me on Spotify BILLCS Top 30 Songs
http://www.planetradio.ca is back! Listen for my Pick of the Week at 2:20/6:20/10:20 AM/PM EST Monday through Sunday (that’s 42 times in a week!), and my flashbacks to a Toronto Top 10 of yesteryear on Tuesday evening at 9pm EST