A changing chart makes it anyone’s guess as to what will be #1 in two weeks – even I don’t know 🙂 While there are a lot of songs on the rise, my focus in this post is on a selected few of note as well as four debuts which charge in to make their presence known!
The Top 10
- Troye Sivan’s “My My My!” is glued to the top for a third appearance (sixth week), so we’ll see in two weeks if it can stay atop. Two weeks ago I brought you the Cash Cash remix. Finally, the much awaited remix by fellow Australian Throttle is on deck below.
- Mako’s “Breathe” is also benefiting from some remixes as it glides up the chart from 5 to 2 to challenge “My My My!” in two weeks.
- A number of new peak positions occur for some fabulous songs in the Top 10. Dave Edwards & Mark Asari’s “What We’re Made Of” (above) slides to #3; Miguel’s “Told You So” is up a notch to #5 (below, and ohhhh what a concert that was last week!); Mika’s “It’s My House” also rises to #9; and Reigen’s beautiful cover of “Dreams” by The Cranberries becomes his second Top 10 song following 2014’s “Come Back To Me” (#2).
- The Chainsmokers packaged a trio of singles into a new EP: the outstanding “Sick Boy” (above, up 9 to 6) plus “You Owe Me” and now “Everybody Hates Me”, which some ‘Smokers fans are either saying it’s the best or worst song they’ve ever done. I really like it – give it a spin below.
- The fastest riser on the chart becomes the third entry in the Top 10 for Tipsy Records. It’s the mysterious and progressive “Smile” by Norway’s Dyrisk featuring British producer Nik Ernst. It makes short work of the chart, climbing 22-8!!
Movin’ On Up
- UK singer/songwriter James Poole closes in on the Top 10 as his song about simply being you, “Perfectly Me”, rises 16-11.
- Right behind me is the collaboration of Quebec’s Robotaki and Washington DC’s Manila Killa featuring Floridian vocalist Matthew John Kurz in the heart-wrenching “I Want You”, moving 17-12. It’s set afire by the remix by L.A.’s Spirix, still available for free download. But Robotaki released a fantastic new song at the end of last week called “Butterscotch” which is totally unlike anything he’s put out before, and Drake, Rihanna and Bryson Tiller fans will be swooning – check it out below.
- L.A.’s Bobby Nourmand is playing The Magician’s Potion showcase in Miami Music Week on Friday March 23, and no doubt will be spinning his latest soul-drenched effort “Prisoner” featuring UK vocalist Laurent John, up 20-14.
- Toronto’s Francesco Yates was kind of a last minute addition to Justin Timberlake’s Toronto and Montreal shows last week, but an amazing opportunity nonetheless. His new single, the seductive “Come Over”, climbs 27-20.
- It was just a little over 25 years ago that Marc Kinchen reached #1 on the Billboard Dance Club Play chart with “Always”. He was also responsible for the key remix for The Nightcrawlers’ classic 90’s hit “Push The Feeling On”. The much-respected producer and DJ known as MK got his first UK Top 10 hit with the soulful banger “17” earlier this year, and now it’s setting out to do the same in North America, first tackling the club charts. “17” bows at #19.
- UK trio Years & Years return to the chart with their fifth entry, their first since late 2015, the tantalizing “Sanctify” at #25. This bodes incredibly well for their upcoming second album! Y&Y are an absolute joy in concert thanks to tight performances and Olly Alexander’s down-to-earth presence on stage. Check out the conceptual video above.
- Following their surprise Top 40 pop hit “Best Friend” along with The Knocks, NERVO and Alisa Ueno, NYC duo Sofi Tukker are back on this chart for the first time since their Grammy-nominated hit “Drinkee” in 2016 with “Baby I’m A Queen”, from the upcoming album Treehouse. Like with “Drinkee”, it’s the guitar hook in “Queen” that seals the deal. So glad to see these nice folks with all of their success. “Baby I’m A Queen” arrives at #26.
- Just as the enduring and inspiring “Everybody Hurts” tumbles off the chart, Dutch duo The Him lose no momentum with their latest single “White Lies”, bowing at #27 with new remixes also on deck! If you’re at Miami Music Week, The Him are performing about a half dozen shows, including at Ultra, so you don’t want to miss them!
View the full BILLCS Top 30 right here! Click on the hyperlink on the song titles to hear the songs or watch the videos!
Listen to the BILLCS Top 30 Songs on Spotify! Click on this link to take you there, and follow me on Spotify: BILLCS Top 30 Songs
Check out and ‘like’ the new BILLCS Music Projects Facebook page 🙂