Despite so much activity on the chart, including a new #1 song and SIX debuts, this will be a shorter blog post than usual about the new chart.
The Top 10
- It’s one of the more unusual #1 songs that I’ve had in years, but to me it’s absolutely irresistible. Norwegian singer/songwriter/producer Dyrisk scores with “Smile” along with producer Nik Ernst. There is so much potential and for anyone who loves dance music that’s a little left of centre, this one is for you. In particular, it is of great interest to fans of Massive Attack and Radiohead’s 90’s output.
- “Sick Boy” by The Chainsmokers follows “Smile” right behind, up 4 to 2, but will likely get locked out in favour of the rising “Everybody Hates Me”(up 24-15, below).
- The fastest riser on the chart arrives in the Top 10 up 22-9. French producer Mercer’s non-stop fun with “Satisfy” features an excellent vocal by Chicago’s Ron Carroll.
- Also new to the Top 10 is “Baby I’m A Queen” from Sofi Tukker’s brand new album Treehouse. “Queen” moves up 17-10 becoming their second Top 10 here after 2016’s “Drinkee” (#5).
Movin’ On Up
- Both “Sanctify” by Years & Years (20-16) and “White Lies” by The Him (21-17) (both above) don’t move up as much due to a busy chart, but should see more upward action next week. The Him recently released a remix to Avicii’s “Without You” – check out the busy boys’ latest below 🙂 More new music coming soon!
#22 is “Butterscotch” an unexpectedly funky slice of electronica by Canadians Robotaki, Jamie Fine and Falcxne – it joins Robotaki’s “I Want You” on the chart (#5).
#25 is “Better With You” by Jesse McCartney, his first entry since 2009’s “How Do You Sleep”, and co-written by Brandyn Burnette and Molly Moore.
#26 is “Lost In Japan” by Shawn Mendes, a Justin Timberlake-inspired romantic throwback to songs of the pre-rock era.
#27 is “Be Like You” by Chicago’s Whethan, who performed at Coachella on the weekend, with vocals by Georgia of Broods.
#28 is “Hurt You”, a collaboration of The Weeknd and French producer Gesaffelstein, from The Weeknd’s new EP My Dear Melancholy.
#29 is “Cautious” in a remix by Halifax’s Famba, from Canadian singer Tyler Shaw, who has a national radio hit with it.
View the full BILLCS Top 30 right here! Click on the hyperlink on the song titles to hear the songs or watch the videos!
Listen to the BILLCS Top 30 Songs on Spotify! Click on this link to take you there, and follow me on Spotify: BILLCS Top 30 Songs
Check out and ‘like’ the new BILLCS Music Projects Facebook page 🙂