A lot of hard and fast favourites continue to hold court at the top of the chart, where there is actually more movement than in recent weeks. There is so much great music out there with lots of competition, so the nature of my new arrivals on the chart seems that they have to earn their rise up the chart, whereas over the years many songs have debuted in the Top 10 or even at #1. With 9 debuts over the last month, that left room for only one smashing premiere on this chart.
The Top 10
- “Broken Love” is definitely one of my Songs of 2018 as recorded by The Him and Parson James. It sits atop for a 4th appearance (8th week), which we haven’t seen since Miguel’s “Pineapple Skies” did the same thing at the end of last year. The Him are relentlessly touring and are recording some of the best music of their career so far.
- Climbing to second place is “No Place” by Australia’s Rüfüs Du Sol, from their forthcoming third album called Solace. Will it get to #1 in two weeks?
- The no holds barred fun of “Get Down” by RetroVision sends the song climbing 5-3, after all without fun what would dance music be? Will it get to #1 in two weeks?
- Continuing to make great leaps is “Everybody Needs A Kiss” by Benny Benassi and Sofi Tukker, up 11-4. It’s the highest placing song for Benny to date, and matches the #4 peak for Sofi Tukker’s “Baby I’m A Queen” a few months back. Will it get to #1 in two weeks?
- I’m always thrilled to see a grass roots indie reach the Top 5 and UK singer/songwriter Lostchild climbs 8-5 with his melodic and catchy “Blacklist”. Lend an ear to this one folks, more to come from Lostchild!
- “I’m In Love With You” by Tony Moran and Jason Walker continues its climb, rising 9-6 this week. The pair even did some performing for some lucky ducks in Jersey City, NJ last week! Time to take your repertoire on the road, guys!
- The other new entry to the Top 10 climbs 12-8 and that’s “Casually” by Alyx Ander and Redondo featuring Maria Z.
Movin’ On Up
- The fastest riser on the chart belongs to Russian producer Arty with his sensational instrumental tribute to Avicii, “Tim”, which vaults 21-11. It’s a record that mixes fun arpeggios with an emotional melody, and will indeed stand the test of time.
- Philadelphia duo N i G H T S looks to be headed for their second Top 10 hit here with the melt-worthy “Eyes”, which soars 19-13.
- NYC-based Sean Squires, aka Squired, has been doing some remixing when not working on originals. His debut “Peace Out” (above) rises 17-15 but also check out his remix of Talk Time’s “Year Of Self” below.
- I’m thoroughly enjoying Years & Years’ second album Palo Santo, and look forward to seeing the trio in concert again in October. Their perky album track “All For You” should by all rights be a single release, and it continues to move up the chart, rising 22-18.
- Call Me Karizma just played a really successful club date in his hometown of Minneapolis, and then at Red Rocks, none other than Illenium dropped one of his songs in his set! There are other things brewing in ‘Riz’s camp, but “Life Of The Party” continues to win fans and climbs 24-20. Check out the new video above.
- Out of the four debuts two weeks ago, the song that makes the most of upward movement on the new chart is “One Last Time” by Poland’s Gromee featuring Norwegian singer Jesper Jenset in a Shawn Mendes-ish vocal. It moves up 29-23.
- It’s a highly memorable song that you will find yourself humming to no end. “Verona” by Australia’s Peter Wilson and the UK’s Sean Smith arrives on the chart at #24. It’s from Peter’s forthcoming album The Passion And The Flame. It also marks Sean’s second appearance on the chart, reaching #7 last year with the Andy Sikorski remix of “Magic”. I highly recommend seeking out the Matt Pop extended version of “Verona”.
View the full BILLCS Top 30 right here! Click on the hyperlink on the song titles to hear the songs or watch the videos!
Listen to the BILLCS Top 30 Songs on Spotify! Click on this link to take you there, and follow me on Spotify: BILLCS Top 30 Songs
Check out and ‘like’ the BILLCS Music Projects Facebook page 🙂