Some new personal faves make significant moves this week, and there are three debuts.
The Top 10
- The smashing two some of Kiesza’s “Phantom Of The Dance Floor” (above) and “Verona” by Peter Wilson and Sean Smith (below) hold on to the pole positions handily, but may have to give them up in two weeks given the challenges being presented immediately below!
- Seattle duo Odesza had never appeared on my chart before but are slowly taking over with their redux of a festival fave, “Loyal”, which climbs 9-3.
- Busting the fastest move on the chart for a second time is “DJ’s Gotta Dance More”, the oh-so-true deal from Montreal’s A-Trak and house legend Todd Terry on vocals. It’s up 13-6 and will definitely give Odesza a run for the top in two weeks.
- Also new to the Top 10 are Florida producer PLS&TY with “Down For Me” in its splendid Morgan Page extended mix (above), climbing 11-8, and Canadian producers Botnek with the retrotastic “Days Of Disco” (below) rising 16-10.
Movin’ On Up
- I’m totally digging their second full album New York Narcotic, and The Knocks are closing in on another Top Tenner here with “Goodbyes” featuring Method Man moving up 17-11.
- Though it’s “Thank U, Next” that’s everywhere, “Breathin” is still my go-to Ariana Grande song, rising 15-12. Check out its new video above.
- The Chainsmokers have had a busy few weeks, with several new remixes of “This Feeling” (featuring Kelsea Ballerini) as well as a new video (above). The song climbs 21-16. Check out the official remix by Canadian duo Young Bombs below 🙂
- UK singer/songwriter Sam Dickinson is looking to bust out in two weeks with “Wild Sun” (up 23-18) as the Handbag House remix (above) and his EP From The Glass House: Part One are released this Friday. Ahead of that, Sam has also released a lyric video for the upbeat pop/dance track “Hanging By A Thread” (below), where his high register is in winning Mika territory.
- Jessie Ware’s “Overtime” is her best, and funkiest, single in years, and it rises 27-21.
- It’s been a while but Sweden’s Hellberg is back in a huge way, with his new single “Headlights” in a co-billing with none other than the sensational voice of Leona Lewis. With an intriguing, suspenseful video, “Headlights” arrives at #22. Hellberg has been to the Top 10 three times including a #1 with Dzeko & Torres with “Care For Me” in 2016. Leona has been to the Top 10 twice with “Bleeding Love” and “Better In Time”.
- What would a year be like without a Bright Light Bright Light appearance on this chart? It’s been the lead off single from his recent EP Tough Love, but it’s grown on me so much with repeated plays that it debuts at #25. I will be seeing Bright Light Bright Light once again in concert, this time in my city, on Thursday November 15!
- The next night I will be seeing Dutch producer San Holo in concert for the first time, but in NYC! His recent pairing with vocalist Bipolar Sunshine on “Better Days” premieres at #26 from San’s acclaimed release Album1. Can’t wait to hear what it all sounds like in concert! “Better Days” is San Holo’s second chart entry, following 2016’s #4 “Light”.
View the full BILLCS Top 30 right here! Click on the hyperlink on the song titles to hear the songs or watch the videos!
Listen to the BILLCS Top 30 Songs on Spotify! Click on this link to take you there, and follow me on Spotify: BILLCS Top 30 Songs
Check out and ‘like’ the BILLCS Music Projects Facebook page 🙂