This post provides highlights of my biweekly chart, where there is a new #1 and four debuts! The first of the debuts belongs to an artist already on the chart in collaboration with one who appeared recently; the second had a #1 song last year; the third is a newcomer to the chart but not dance music; and the fourth recently assumed another performing name but is a BILLCS Top 30 veteran!
- Seattle’s Odesza acquires its first #1 with fan favourite “Loyal”. It’s one of the most potent dance songs of the year, and has a raucous new Deathpact reprise, available as a free download below! It’s also the soundtrack to a new Apple commercial I saw on You Tube 🙂
- Looking to compete with Odesza for the top spot is the engaging classic house of “DJ’s Gotta Dance More” by A-Trak featuring Todd Terry on vocals, which climbs up 6-3.
- Three songs land in the Top 10 for the first time:
- Mercer is back, after scoring #1 this year with “Satisfy”, with the 70’s flavoured disco of “Fireworks” moving up 14-7.
- The Knocks land in the Top 10 for the fifth time with “Goodbyes”, their collaboration with Method Man from the New York Narcotic album, up 11-9
- The fastest riser on the chart is PatrickReza’s compelling remix of Illenium’s “Crawl Outta Love”, featuring Annika Wells, soaring 20-10.
- The Chainsmokers are busier than ever with new music. Not only does “This Feeling”, featuring Kelsea Ballerini, climb 16-12, but they’ve released two new songs (both below) in the last few weeks, the crunchy “Siren”, which shows our boys haven’t lost any harder core roots, and “Beach House”, which will please those who love their hits “Closer” and “Paris”.
- I’m totally loving the Handbag House remix of Sam Dickinson’s “Wild Sun”, which comes from his hot new EP From The Glass House: Part One. Also check out the acoustic “All We Are”, below.
- The debuts from the last chart are all moving up steadily:
- Swedish producer Hellberg’s collaboration with Leona Lewis should by all rights be a radio hit. “Headlights” moves up 22-17.
- Bright Light Bright Light’s “How I Feel” from the Tough Love EP climbs 25-19 as BLx2 concluded his recent tour. Check out the 90’s inspired Disco 12″ mix above, also available on the EP.
- San Holo put on a spectacular, intense show in New York City last week. “Brighter Days”, from album1 and featuring vocalist Bipolar Sunshine, rises 26-21. I was amazed at how many people knew the songs from the album and all of the words. The man is one to watch for the 2019 festival circuit.
- The highest debut belongs to “God Damnit”, the new collaboration between Illenium and blog favourite Call Me Karizma. It’s actually a song that Karizma wrote that I featured in these blog pages back in March. It received an impressive redux from Illenium, which has sent it to #24 on this chart out of the gate. It’s Karizma’s second entry this year following the #17 “Life Of The Party”, which captured The Chainsmokers’ attention.
- L.A.-based producer Mahalo returns to the chart this time in partnership with new producer Le:Blanc with the insanely catchy “In My Arms” at #26. This is 2:28 jam-packed with hooks and a fantastic house rhythm. Not to be missed! Mahalo got to #1 last year with “Perfect” featuring Canadian singer/songwriter Cat Lewis.
- Premiering on the chart is Anna Yvette, the NYC-based vocalist, songwriter and producer who has graced numerous fine songs over the past few years. “Shooting Star” is the joyous new song to get her onto the chart at #28.
- Arriving at #29 is “Amen” by EMAN8, who we better know as Brandyn Burnette. Kicking off this new legacy of songs is the intriguing and very cool video above. BB recently concluded a stay on the chart with the autobiographical #4 “Run”.
View the full BILLCS Top 30 right here! Click on the hyperlink on the song titles to hear the songs or watch the videos!
Listen to the BILLCS Top 30 Songs on Spotify! Click on this link to take you there, and follow me on Spotify: BILLCS Top 30 Songs
Check out and ‘like’ the BILLCS Music Projects Facebook page 🙂